Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Banshee

I finished the rough draft of Banshee tonight about 20 minutes ago.  It currently weighs in at over10,000 words and probably expand by as much as 20% by the time I'm done editing, so referring to this as a "short" story is perhaps an understatement.  Of course, the people I ask for opinions on it may make me cut quite a bit out.  We'll see.

I'm still planning on giving copies away, but I may have to make it a bit more limited in scope than originally planned.  The story grew in the telling until it was far bigger than what I'd set out to write, and I think it's better for it as well.

Details on everything will be posted later, as they're finalized.  The details I can give now are that the story is graphic both in violence and language:  To do otherwise wouldn't reflect the spirit of the Heroes' Guild/Subject 12 universe, and might deceive new readers (if there were any to get their hands on a copy) as to the nature of the beast.

Speaking of the nature of the beast, I'll try to address a few points in future blog entries that have come up in both reviews, conversations I've had with readers, and my own thoughts on the matter.  In the meantime, however, you can probably expect Banshee to be available before the 4th.  I'll let you all know as soon as I'm happy with what I've written and can share it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it here!