Tuesday, April 7, 2015

There's ALWAYS a Downside.

Apparently a lot of the traffic reaching my site is from Turkey these days.  I'm really thinking someone's using a VPN or TOR to look at my site.  I'm not sure if I should flattered or afraid.  Since the advice I've always received is "Be afraid!", I'm going to go with the latter.

Anyway, for anyone who got the reference in this post's title, way to go!  You just won an internet.


No sexism intended, that was just the picture that came up in a Google search.

Ahem.  Moving on.

So, to reference my title yet again, there's always a downside when it comes to a writer's choice of writing methods.  Mine makes me feel connected to the words, allows me to write virtually anywhere, and gives me near-stream-of-consciousness access to my inspiration/muse/etc.  That means my rough drafts are often rough, but in transcribing it to my computer's word processor I get the chance to edit on the fly.  So my first draft is significantly better, smoother, and often more inspired.

So...  The downside.  I'm basically writing things twice.  Writing longhand whenever the inspiration strikes me and continuing while the mood is upon me means I end up with a lot of pages needing typing.

A lot.

That's a lot of typing.  So much so that it's a little daunting, and I'm only talking about a single chapter.  I have a little over twenty-five pages to type up.  I realize that some of that will fall by the wayside (I knew it as I was writing it, but I refused to let that stop me from going with the flow.) as I'm editing it, but it's still a lot of work to do.  With that in mind, I'd best get back to it.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it here!